Available nationwide, open a Ally Bank Online Savings account and earn 1.90% APY on all balance amounts! Ally Bank offers a great rate and many online tools that will help you save. Their customer service is available by phone, e-mail, or physical mail. Also, you can save with ease knowing that your money is FDIC insured and that the interest is compounded daily to maximize your earnings!
Like most online accounts, Ally Bank Online Savings account does not come with in-person services. Barclays limits your withdrawal options to electronic transfers ordered by phone or initiated online through the bank’s website, and while these services are free they may increase the time it takes to access your funds.
To get started, click the “Sign Up” button below, when you are on Barclays’ webpage press open an account and begin inputting your information!
Editor’s Note: In addition to the Ally Bank Online Savings account’s 1.90% APY, there are other savings offer such as:
- CIT Bank Premier High Yield Savings account offers a 1.35% APY along with a $100 bonus.
- Synchrony Bank High Yield Savings account offers a 1.30% APY.
- Discover Online Savings account offers a 1.30% APY and up to a $200 bonus!
- Barclays Bank Online Savings account offers 1.30% APY.
If you would like more information about these other savings offers, refer to our reviews below for more information!
- CIT Bank Premier High Yield Savings review
- Synchrony Bank High Yield Savings review
- Discover Online Savings review
- Barclays Bank Online Savings review
Table of Contents
- 1 Ally Bank Online Savings Account Credentials
- 2 Ally Bank Online Savings Account Rates
- 3 Ally Bank Online Savings Account Pros & Cons
- 4 Ally Bank Online Savings Account Fees
- 5 Ally Bank Online Savings Account Info
- 6 Ally Bank Online Banking
- 7 Ally Bank Mobile Banking
- 8 Ally Bank Secure Banking
- 9 Ally Bank Deposit Checks
- 10 Ally Bank Transfer Money
- 11 Ally Bank Customer Care
- 12 Ally Bank Online Savings Account Rate Requirements
- 13 Bottom Line
Ally Bank Online Savings Account Credentials
Is the Ally Bank Online Savings account right for you?
|Good For||Bad For|
|Those looking for a high interest rate on savings||Those who prefer in-person banking services|
|Online & Mobile Banking||Withdrawing money|
Ally Bank Online Savings Account Rates
|Balance||Annual Percentage Rate|
Rates are effective as of 10/06/17, and are subject to change.
Ally Bank Online Savings Account Pros & Cons
Ally Bank Online Savings Account Fees
|Account Type||Ally Bank Online Savings Account|
|Monthly Maintenance Fees||$0|
|Standard/Expedited ACH Transfers||$0|
|Statement Copies Online||$0|
|Incoming Wires (Domestic & International)||$0|
|Postage-Paid Deposit Envelopes||$0|
|Returned Deposit Item||$7.50|
|Overdraft Item Paid/Overdraft Item Returned (Maximum 1 fee per day)||$25|
|Excessive Transaction(s) Fee||$10 per transaction|
|Outgoing Wires (Domestic only)||$20|
|Account Research Fee||$25 per hour|
Similar to most savings accounts, you are limited to six (6) withdrawals per statement cycle.
Ally Bank Online Savings Account Info
- Account Type: Ally Bank Online Savings
- Availability: Nationwide
- Expiration Date: None
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Opening Deposit: Any amount
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown
- Monthly Fee: $0
- Household Limit: None
- Closing Account Fee: None
Ally Bank Online Banking
Ally Bank Online Banking provides real-time access to your account to help you manage your money when it’s most convenient. Simply log into your Ally Bank account and you will be able to:
- Manage your accounts and account information online
- View and download statements and account activity
- Schedule and make transfers to and from other banks
- Schedule and make transfers between Ally Bank accounts
- Receive and manage account alerts
- Send secure messages
How to get started:
- Visit Ally Bank’s website and sign in.
- Once you log in, you can view your balance and transactions, make transfers, send and receive money, deposit checks, pay bills, view online statements, and more.
Ally Bank Mobile Banking
Ally Bank offers a mobile app that is accessible on , , and Windows mobile devices. With Ally Bank Mobile Banking, you can:
- Make deposits
- Pay your bills
- Transfer money within your Ally accounts, or between your Ally and non-Ally accounts
- Find nearby ATMs and cash back locations
- View your balances and search transaction history
How to get started:
- Download the Ally mobile app on , , or Windows.
- Sign in with your online banking information.
Ally Bank Secure Banking
Keeping your money and personal information safe is a top priority for us.
- FDIC insured
- Online & Mobile Security Guarantee
- Ally Bank guarantees that you will not be liable for any unauthorized online or mobile banking transaction as long as you report it within 60 days from when your statement is made available
- Information Safety
- Ally Bank protects your accounts and personal information. See how they keep you safe
- Free Security Software
- Protect up to 3 devices with Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ software, free to Ally Bank customers. Learn more about this software
Ally Bank Deposit Checks
There are several ways you can add money to your accounts. You can transfer money from another bank or an Ally Bank account. We also offer Ally eCheck Deposit℠ to deposit checks. You can also send a wire transfer or mail checks to:
- Remote check deposit with Ally eCheck Deposit℠
- Online transfers and direct deposits
- Wire transfers and mail
P.O. Box 13625
Philadelphia, PA 19101-3625
However, there are limits on the amounts you can deposit remotely:
- Maximum check amount – $5,000
- Maximum you can deposit daily – $10,000
- Maximum number of checks you can deposit daily – 10 checks
- Maximum you can deposit in 10 business days – $50,000 or 20 checks
Deposits made electronically or by check to your Barclays account within the first 30 days of account opening will be held for up to five (5) business days.
Ally Bank Transfer Money
With the Ally Bank Online Savings account, it is fast, easy and safe for you to Transfer Money at home, on your mobile device or with your voice using Amazon Alexa!
- Move funds between your Ally Bank accounts
- Make transfers to and from accounts at other institutions. Learn More About Transfers
- Send, receive or request money to almost anyone using an email address or mobile number with Zelle® – it’s fast, secure and in most cases your money is available within minutes
- Start ACH transfers from your Ally Bank Online Savings account. (Ally Bank does not charge you to move your money
Ally Bank Customer Care
Ally Bank’s award-winning is available 24/7 to help with whatever you need.
- Anytime, Anywhere
- Contact Ally Bank by phone, live chat or secure email. Just press the number “0” to talk to a representative in the U.S. or Canada. Avoid a long string of prompts to find the right person
- Call Wait Times Online
- Find out if it’s a good time to call by checking Ally Bank’s website or mobile app for call wait times.
- Professional Service
- Ally Bank’s customer care team is highly trained in Ally Bank products. No matter the request, Ally Bank will not rush you off the phone.
- Personal Care
- Ally Bank thoroughly follows up with your calls and questions to give you the same level of care you’d expect at a branch.
Ally Bank Online Savings Account Rate Requirements
- Open a Ally Bank Online Savings account.
- Earn 1.25% APY on all balances you put into your Ally Bank Online Savings account!
Ally Bank Online Savings account offers a straight-forward savings account with a great APY. Consumers seeking to maximize the financial rewards of saving will benefit from this account!
The Ally Bank Online Savings account are especially attractive for earning interest on all balance amounts. With only $1, you can open a Ally Bank Online Savings account. Ally Bank offers no fees which makes saving even easier! If you are not a Ally Bank customer, and would like handy savings tools while you save, sign up today for a Ally Bank Online Savings account!
If this offer did not suite you, please visit our list of the Best Savings Rates that are filled with various financial institutions from banks, credit unions, and even federal credit unions that are offering great rates![table “321” not found /]