If you’re always on-the-go, the BBVA Compass ClearConnect Checking Account may just be the ideal account for you! This account was designed for customers on the go which gives you access to online and mobile banking, plus a team of remote bankers you can contact via text, phone, or email! With added convenience, you do not have to worry about ATMs fees at 55,000 AllPoint® and BBVA Compass ATMs worldwide. Get on-the-go checking with NO monthly service fee and get the ultimate digital banking experience with ClearConnect Checking.
With all these great digital tools, no monthly Service Charge, and no ATM fees at 55,000 Allpoint® and BBVA Compass ATMs worldwide, what more could you want from your checking account? Apply online today!
Editor’s Note: Interested in what more BBVA Compass has to offer? See our full list of BBVA Compass Bank Promotions.
Table of Contents
- 1 Where Are BBVA Compass Brick & Mortars Located?
- 2 BBVA Compass ClearConnect Checking Account Summary
- 3 BBVA Compass ClearConnect Checking Account Features
- 4 BBVA Compass ClearConnect Checking Account Benefits
- 5 BBVA Compass ClearConnect Checking – Application Link
- 6 BBVA Compass ClearSpend Visa Card
- 7 Direct Deposit
- 8 Mobile Banking
- 9 Mobile Banking Alerts
- 10 Online Banking
- 11 BBVA Compass Routing Numbers
- 12 Additional Services Available with This Account
- 13 BBVA Compass Bank Online App
- 14 Still Have Questions?
- 15 Author’s Verdict
Where Are BBVA Compass Brick & Mortars Located?
BBVA Compass is available physically in Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico, & Texas with over 650 branches throughout the listed states. However, offers are primarily nationwide!
BBVA Compass ClearConnect Checking Account Summary
- Anytime Access – BBVA Compass ClearConnect Checking
Secure and anytime access to transactions, bill pay and a host of other options from your computer or smartphone.
- Your Money, Wherever You Are – BBVA Compass ClearConnect Checking
Access to you cash from over 55,000 AllPoint® and BBVA Compass ATMs with no ATM withdrawal fee
- Your Card. Your Style. – BBVA Compass ClearConnect Checking
A BBVA Compass Visa® Debit Card you can personalize with your favorite photo.
BBVA Compass ClearConnect Checking Account Features
- Open with $25
- No monthly Service Charge
- No ATM withdrawal fees at 55,000 Allpoint® and BBVA Compass ATMs worldwide
- Complimentary Online Banking and Mobile Banking, plus Mobile Deposit® and Bill Pay
- One free BBVA Compass Visa® Debit Card per account holder:
BBVA Compass ClearConnect Checking Account Benefits
- Online Banking
- From paying bills to transferring money, you can do what you want, when you want.
- Mobile Banking
- You don’t have to visit a bank to do your banking. Now your account is in your hands.
- ATM Banking
- Do the banking you want, when you want.
- Debit Card
- Customize your card with your favorite photo. Plastic has never been so powerful – or so personal.
- Direct Deposit
- Skip the bank trip. Now you can save time and access your cash the day it’s deposited.
- Safety and Security
- Rest easy, knowing your money, your identity and your valuables are safe and secure.
BBVA Compass ClearConnect Checking – Application Link
BBVA Compass ClearConnect Checking: If you’re interested in an excellent checking account, sign up today!
BBVA Compass ClearSpend Visa Card
Introducing the easiest way to manage your money. Looking to better control your spending? Want to set a budget for your college student? With the ClearSpend Prepaid Visa® Card, you get access to an app that suggests a budget based on your spending habits, with real-time alerts to help keep you on track.
- NO Overdraft Fees
- NO Purchase Transaction Fees
- NO Monthly Service Charge as long as $400 or more is loaded during each calendar month, otherwise a $4 Monthly Service Charge will be assessed.
- NO Load Fees at a BBVA Compass branch, through a BBVA Compass debit card or through ACH/Direct deposit. Visa ReadyLink® merchants may charge a fee for this service.
- NO Credit Score Check to Apply
Get Started Today
- Get the App & the Card
- Available for IOS or Android Devices. Order a prepaid card online or directly from the app, or step into one of our branches and receive your card immediately upon approval.
- Available for IOS or Android Devices. Order a prepaid card online or directly from the app, or step into one of our branches and receive your card immediately upon approval.
- Load Funds
- Load from a BBVA Compass debit card or set up direct deposit. Cards can be loaded with cash at any Visa ReadyLink® location or BBVA Compass branch. Money can also be transferred to your ClearSpend card using PayPal®, Venmo®, Popmoney® or other transfer services.
- Start Spending
- Use your ClearSpend Prepaid Visa® debit card for all your day-to-day, on-line, and household spending. After 30 days, the ClearSpend app will automatically suggest a budget.
Budgeting for two. With ClearSpend, two people can manage one budget while maintaining a snapshot of who spent what. Secondary cards are great for:
- Sharing a household budget with a spouse or roommate
- Setting up your child with a secondary card and teaching them to budget (limit one secondary card per account)
Since both cards are tied to the same budget, each cardholder has the ability to load funds to ClearSpend that can be used for purchases by either cardholder. Secondary cardholders will have to verify their e-mail addresses and activate their card before using. Each cardholder will receive spending alerts each time a purchase is made by either cardholder.
How to request an additional card?
- You can add a secondary card holder during application or any time at clearspend.bbvacompass.com/login. Login to your account and select “Add a Second Card” from the main menu to get started. The second card will be sent to the address you use during the application.
How It Works
Load money, conveniently!
- Load money to ClearSpend
- Link your BBVA Compass debit card in the App or fund your card in person with cash at any BBVA Compass branch or Visa ReadyLink location.
- Direct Deposit
- You can Direct Deposit all or part of your pay check to your card, add cash to your card at any BBVA Compass branch location or participating Visa ReadyLink® retail merchant location.
- Transfer money to ClearSpend
- Login to an existing bank account and transfer money to your ClearSpend account using services such as Popmoney®, PayPal® or Venmo®. You’ll need your ClearSpend account number and routing number which are available in the App under “My Account”. Funds will be available in 2-3 business days.
Access your money faster with direct deposit. The fastest, most convenient way to deposit your paycheck. Enjoy the ease of having your paycheck, Social Security, or other income automatically deposited in your BBVA Compass checking or savings account. The benefits include:
- Get faster availability of your funds, with same business-day access
- Save time and money you would spend driving to a branch or ATM to deposit income checks
Additional perks of direct deposit:
- Never wait to receive your funds while on vacation or away from work
- Set up Online Banking and Mobile Banking alerts to notify you when money is deposited
- Distribute your deposit across multiple BBVA Compass checking and savings accounts
How to set up direct deposit – Regular Paycheck, Retirement, or Pension
- Download and fill out the Payroll Direct Deposit Form
- Take or send this form to your employer’s payroll or Human Resources Department
- Your employer will handle setting up direct deposits to the account you specify in the form
You have two options for setting up direct deposit:
- Call the applicable number listed below:
- Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI): 1-800-772-1213
- Civil Service Retirement: 1-888-767-6738
- Veteran’s Compensation and Pension: 1-877-838-2778
- Fill out Standard Form 1199a. Bring the form to your local BBVA Compass branch location, and a banker will assist you with completing Direct Deposit enrollment.
Banking has never been so easy and efficient. Save time and bank on the go with the BBVA Compass Mobile Banking App, a three-time award winner of Javelin Mobile Banking Leader. Their powerful mobile app keeps you connected to your money and gives you the control to bank when and where you want. Now, you can manage your bank account, make transfers, pay bills and deposit checks, view balances, and more — all directly from your smartphone.
- Payment & Transfers
- Bank from your mobile device and take advantage of the easy-to-use Payments and Transfers functionality. The consolidated Payments and Transfer interface makes it simple to transfer money to other people and securely move money to your other bank accounts.
- Bill Pay
- Enjoy convenient access to Mobile Bill Pay. Whether it is a recurring payment or a one-time payment, the BBVA Compass Mobile Banking app makes paying your bills hassle free.
- Mobile Deposit®
- Deposit checks with your mobile device. With the BBVA Compass Mobile Banking app, simply take a photo of your check and securely submit your deposit for processing. It’s fast, free, and at your fingertips.
- Alert notifications can help you monitor your money and detect unusual account activity. Set up and manage account alerts with the Mobile Banking app. You can choose to receive email or text alerts, or both. Real-time alerts, daily activity notices, and periodic account alerts are all available.
Mobile Banking Alerts
Be on guard against overspending, identity theft, and fraud. Customizable alert notifications are an easy and convenient way for you to stay on top of your account activity. Alerts can help you keep a close watch on your money without having to sign in to Online Banking or the Mobile Banking app. With email, text alerts, and push notifications, you can get personalized account information whenever and wherever you want it.
Get real-time banking alerts. Real-time banking alerts mean that when we know, you know.
- Account Balance – Notifies you when your account balance goes over or under the amount you’ve chosen.
- Withdrawal Confirmation – Notifies you when a single withdrawal (Cash or Debit) is equal to or greater than the amount you’ve chosen.
- Deposit Confirmation – Notifies you when a deposit is equal to or greater than the amount you’ve chosen.
- CD Redemption – Notifies you when your CD is redeemed.
Get account management alerts. Set periodic alerts to keep track of important regular and irregular account activity.
- Account Summary – Notifies you daily and/or at month-end of your posted and available account balance.
- Check Cleared – Notifies you of each check that clears your account.
- CD Maturity Date – Notifies you that the CD will mature in 10 to 14 days.
- Sensitive Activity – Notifies you that a new debit card or checks have been requested or that the account has been closed. This alert will not be sent for a debit card or checks requested at account opening.
- Overdraft Protection Notice – Notifies you of all overdraft protection line of credit advances or only advances exceeding the amount you’ve chosen.
- Insufficient Funds – Notifies you when the available balance in your account has become negative. This alert will also notify you that one or more items have presented against insufficient available funds in your account. Receiving this alert does not mean that any particular item has been paid.
Get credit card alerts. Customize alerts so you can easily keep up with credit card account balances and payment due dates.
- Near Credit Limit – Determine what “near” credit card limit means to you. Receive a notification when you reach this amount, and stay in control of spending.
- Credit Limit Reached – Notifies you when you have reached your credit limited.
- Payment Reminder – Determine the number of days prior to your payment due date to receive a notification. Set up this alert as a reminder to help you pay credit card bills on time.
- Account Balance – Notifies you when your credit card account balance is greater than or less than a determined amount.
- Daily Account Balance – Notifies you of your daily credit card account balance.
Get daily alerts. Stay on top of your accounts without logging in to Online or Mobile Banking. Daily Activity Notices notifies you once daily if the dollar amount or number of transactions exceeds the threshold you’ve chosen. Daily Activity Notice alerts can be set to monitor the following:
- CD Deposits
How to start your alerts:
- Within the Mobile Banking app, select the main menu.
- Select “Alerts” to access alert notifications. Here you can view, add, delete, and modify your account alerts.
- Choose the account for which you wish to add, delete, or modify alerts.
- Choose the alert notifications in which you would like to enroll.
- Choose the preferred delivery option of the alerts set for that account. You may have alerts delivered to up to two email addresses and two mobile numbers.
- To select a mobile number as a delivery option, first activate text message alerts in “Profile Settings” (from the main menu) and select “My Mobile Number.” Add or edit your mobile number(s), then turn on “alerts via text message.”
- Submit the changes made.
Banking just got easier. With Online Banking, it’s easy to manage your money and banking services. That’s because you have access to everything you need in one place. Check account balances, view transactions, download monthly statements, track accounts you have linked from other banks, easily make payments and transfers, and more — all quickly and conveniently. You can also use the Online Banking Service Center to update your contact information, request stop payments, print financial documents, and apply for new accounts.
- Pay Bills Online
- Add simplicity to your life by paying your bills online. Make one-time payments or set up recurring payments with Bill Pay — all it takes is a few clicks. No more stamps, checks, or late payments.
- Transfer Money Online
- Make transfers from your computer in minutes. With Online Banking, you can seamlessly move money between your accounts at BBVA Compass and other banks. You also have the option to safely transfer money to others, set up one-time or recurring transfers, send wires, and make international transfers.
- Make Payments
- Easily make one-time or recurring payments to your loan, mortgage, auto loan, credit card, or other account—no matter if it’s held at BBVA Compass or another financial institution. Plus, request, receive, or send payments to anyone in the U.S. with our convenient Popmoney® service.
- Set Account Alerts
- Stay connected to your bank account 24/7. With Online Banking, you get features like account alerts that can help you closely monitor your money. These notifications are a simple way to watch for fraudulent activity and can help you avoid overdraft fees. Whether your balance is too low or a large transaction has posted, you’ll know what’s happening so that you can make good financial decisions.
- Access Financial Tools
- Build a brighter future with financial tools that will help you build and meet your savings goals, as well as creating and staying on budget. We also know it’s important for you to have a complete financial picture to manage your finances well. That’s why we make it easy to add accounts from other financial institutions to your Online Banking profile — it’s quick and easy to transfer between them too.
- Get Account Statements
- When you enroll in Online Banking, you automatically receive Online Statements for your deposit accounts — exact copies of the statements you receive in the mail. Online statements are faster, safer, more secure, and completely free. After you enroll in Online Banking, you have the option to discontinue your paper statements. By discontinuing paper statements for your deposit accounts, you may even save $3 per statement cycle.
BBVA Compass Routing Numbers
You may eventually be asked to provide your checking account routing number when setting up services such as Direct Deposit, automatic draft, or sending wire transfers. You can find this 9-digit number below or on the bottom left corner of your checks.
|All other states||062001186|
Additional Services Available with This Account
With a BBVA Compass checking account, you get access to a team of remote bankers you can text, email, or call. With Remote Banking, almost anything you can do in the branch, you can now do on the go.
Get exceptional service, at no extra cost to you! When you open a BBVA Compass checking account online, you’ll be assigned a team of dedicated, professional relationship advisers—at no extra cost to you. Your team will be focused on understanding your needs and helping you find the right financial tools for you. Plus, you will have access to your team in whatever way it’s convenient for you—via text, email, or telephone. Almost anything you can do in the branch, you can now do on the go.
How To Set Up Remote Banking:
- Select an Account: Open a new checking account
- Apply Online & complete their online application process
- Meet Your New Banker: After successfully opening your checking account online, you’ll have access to an experienced team of relationship advisors dedicated to helping you achieve your financial goals.
Get banking designed for the way you live:
- At Your Convenience: Reach out to your personal banker whenever it’s convenient for you via text, email, or telephone.
- Personal and Practical: This rare combination of ease and personal service gives you the ability to stay in control of your financial life.
- Full Service, To Go: Couple your new personal banker with our powerful Online, Mobile, and ATM Banking services and you may never need to visit a branch again.
Never slow down for banking again. Your time is valuable, and you don’t want to spend it banking. In addition to personal, on-demand service, your account includes complimentary Online and Mobile Banking. So you can get your banking done, when and how you want, and get on with your life.
Anyone can lose track of their spending and accidentally overdraw their checking account. But don’t worry, BBVA Compass has financial tools to help you manage your account and overdraft programs designed to help protect you in the event of an overdraft.
When the unexpected happens, BBVA wants to help you be prepared. There is a variety of overdraft management solutions offered at BBVA Compass. Take charge of your accounts with Account Management tools that allow you to set up alerts, monitor accounts via Online and Mobile Banking, and enroll in direct deposit. Even with these tools available, sometimes the unexpected happens. BBVA Compass will help you manage those moments and gain peace of mind with their Overdraft Payment and Protection Programs.
Account Management Tools: The best way to avoid overdrafts is to always know how much money is in your account. At BBVA Compass, they want to provide you with easy-to-use tools to give you access to your Available Balance information anytime, anywhere. Below are some of these account management tools:
- Account Alerts
- Set up account alerts and always know what’s going on with your accounts. Key alerts to set up for account management include: Account Balance, Account Summary, and Insufficient Funds alerts.
- Online Banking
- Their convenient Online Banking tool is yet another way for you to monitor your account activity.
- Mobile Banking
- No need to visit a branch or call. Use your mobile phone to track checking account activity.
- Direct Deposit
- Setting up Direct Deposit is a convenient way to ensure your money is automatically deposited into your account on a regular basis.
Overdraft Payment and Protection Programs: Even with the many tools available to help you manage your account, sometimes the unexpected happens. At BBVA Compass, they help you manage those moments and gain peace of mind with their Overdraft Payment and Protection Programs:
- Linked Account Overdraft Sweep Service
- This option links your BBVA Compass savings, money market, or secondary checking account to your primary checking account to cover overdrafts. You will be charged a once-daily Inter-Account Transfer Fee of $12 ($7 in CA) for each day the bank makes one or more transfers.
- Overdraft Protection Line of Credit
- With a BBVA Compass Overdraft Protection Line of Credit, you can link an existing checking account to a line of credit to cover overdrafts and help protect against returned checks and unnecessary fees. You will be charged a once-daily Overdraft Protection Fee of $12 ($7 in CA) for each day the bank makes one or more advances from your ODP Line of Credit and may be subject to a 21% APR.
- Courtesy Overdraft Option
- Courtesy Overdraft Option is a service designed to allow you to opt-in or opt-out of overdraft protection. If you choose to opt-in for ATM and everyday debit card transactions, transactions made against your account may be authorized, even if your account has non-sufficient funds. This doesn’t mean you will avoid bank fees, but it can save you the hassle of having your debit card declined or check returned to the merchant. If BBVA Compass does cover your overdraft, you will be charged an “NSF Charge – Paid Item” fee of $38 ($32 in CA). Note that the NSF charge – Paid Item fee is not charged on items that cause the available balance on your account to be overdrawn by $1.00 or less.
Should I opt-in or opt-out of Courtesy Overdraft Option for ATM & everyday debit card transactions?
Whether you opt-in or opt-out of Courtesy Overdraft Option is up to you. Based on your decision, here’s how ATM and everyday debit card transactions would be handled if there are insufficient funds in your account to cover transactions.
- If You Opt-Out
- If you do not have sufficient funds in your account to make the requested transaction, you will not be able to withdraw funds from BBVA Compass ATMs or ATMs owned and/or serviced by other banks. When using your debit card at point of purchase, if you do not have sufficient funds to complete the transaction, your payment will be declined—and you will either need to use a different form of payment or abandon the purchase.
- If You Opt-In
- If you do not have sufficient funds in your account to make the requested transaction, BBVA Compass may, at our discretion, authorize your payment and pay your transactions into overdraft. You may still be able to withdrawal funds from ATMs and/or make your payment. If we do pay your overdraft or allow the withdrawal of funds, you will be charged a NSF Charge-Paid Item fee of $38 ($32 in CA). Note that the NSF Charge – Paid Item fee is not charged on items that cause the available balance on your account to be overdrawn by $1.00 or less.
Enroll in BBVA Compass ClearBenefitsSM and get benefits like roadside assistance, identity theft insurance, and cell phone protection. Plus, enjoy shopping discounts and price protection to help you keep more money in the bank.
Life has its surprises and perks. With BBVA Compass ClearBenefitsSM Program, you’re protected from one and enjoy the other. With benefits like roadside assistance, identity theft insurance, and cell phone protection, you won’t have to worry about the occasional curveball. And with shopping discounts and price protection, you’ll keep more money in the bank where it belongs.
Valuable Savings and protections that can benefit your everyday life:
- Security and Protection
- $10,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment- Cash payment for covered injuries. Policy beneficiaries receive up to $10,000 should you lose your life in an accident.
- Cell Phone Protection – Up to $200 (less $50 co-payment) of theft or damage protection on up to three phone lines if you pay your monthly cellular bill with the BBVA Compass checking account associated with your BBVA Compass ClearBenefits.
- Legal and Financial Benefits
- Identity Theft Restoration – Dedicated identity theft restoration advocates available 24/7 to investigate fraudulent activity, issue fraud alerts to state agencies and financial institutions, and more.
- Identity Theft Insurance – Up to $1,000,000 ($1MM) to cover lost wages, legal expenses, and defense costs for civil and criminal lawsuits.
- Shopping and Entertainment
- Discount Shopping and Entertainment – Shopping and entertainment discounts from thousands of local and national retailers in the Discount Mall. Discounts offered on entertainment, recreation, national attractions and unique experiences, fashion, electronics, and more.
- Extended Service Protection – Extends the manufacturer’s warranty term up to 12 months on any eligible product you purchase while enrolled in the BBVA Compass ClearBenefits Program.
- Price Protection – If you purchase an eligible item and see the same item advertised at a lower rate within 60 days, Price Protection will reimburse you the difference up to $250.
- Automobile Services
- Roadside Assistance Services – Toll-free dispatch services 24/7 for towing, fuel delivery, tire changes, lock outs, winching, or jump starts.
- Health and Wellness Resource
- My EWellness – An online resource for fitness, health, and wellness information, including weight loss and disease prevention.
- Health Care Discount
- Discount Medical Plan- Discounts on prescription drugs, MRI and CT scans, diabetic supplies, hearing care, vitamins, and laboratory testing.
BBVA Compass Bank Online App
- All your banking, in your pocket or purse. Download the BBVA Compass Bank App today via or .
Still Have Questions?
- Reach someone helpful. Call 1-800-266-7277!
If you’re looking for convenience, definitely give this bank a shot! Consider the BBVA Compass ClearConnect Checking Account. Although BBVA Compass Bank is available physically in a few states, BBVA Compass has popular choices nationwide. Let us know about your thoughts and experiences with this bank in the comment section below! If you’re interested in more info regarding BBVA Compass Bank offers, check out our full listing of BBVA Compass Bank Promotions. Be sure to check back on blackthorn-cider for more bank deals!