The Capital One 360 Savings account is one of the best choices for an interest-earning online savings solution. I’ll review the savings rates and go over current bonus promotions below.
This is an online savings account, so Capital One is able to offer no fees and no minimum balance requirements, and it is available to everyone nationwide.
Capital One 360 Savings review highlights:
- Earn up to $500 in bonus money
- Features everyone expects
- Current interest rates
- See all my Capital One reviews
- See my Best Bank Promotions List
Table of Contents
Capital One 360 Savings Up To $1000 Bonus:
Once you have a Capital One 360 Savings(also available to Capital One 360 Checking) account open, you can make $20 for each person you refer, up to a $1,000 bonus.
Click the button to open an account and earn a $25 bonus as well.
$50 Capital One 360 Bonus
Earn a $25 Bonus when you sign up for a new Capital One 360 Savings account with an initial deposit of at least $250. You can also earn another $25 bonus for a Capital One 360 Checking account, for a total of a $50 bonus.
- Coupon Link: Capital One 360 Bonus
- Expiration: None
- Bonus Amount: $50 Total
- Account(s) Eligible: Capital One 360 Checking/Savings
- Availability: nationwide
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None
- Other Requirements:
- 360 Checking Bonus:
- Open with an initial deposit of at least $250 from a non-Capital One 360 account.
- Make a total of 3 Debit Card purchases or Person2Person Payments (or any combo of the two) that post to the account within 45 days of account opening.
- The $25 bonus will automatically be deposited into your account on day 50, once the requirements are met.
- 360 Savings Bonus:
- You must make an initial deposit of at least $250 from a non-Capital One 360 account.
- Your $25 bonus will automatically be deposited into your account upon account opening.
- Bonus starts earning interest upon account opening, but is unavailable for withdrawal for 30 days, once the requirements are met.
- 360 Checking Bonus:
Up To $500 With Capital One 360 Savings:
Earning interest on your savings is responsible and awesome, but being able to earn up to a $500 bonus in the short-term multiplies that awesomeness tenfold.
- Coupon Link: Capital One 360 Savings Offer
- Expiration: 03/31/2016 11:59 PM ET
- Bonus Amount: $50-$500
- Competitor Bonus:
- Account(s) Eligible: Capital One 360 Savings
- Combine It With: Capital One 360 Checking
- Availability: Nationwide
- Hard/Soft Inquiry: Soft
- Opening Deposit Credit Card Funding Eligibility: None
- Direct Deposit Requirement: N/A
- Monthly Service Fee: $0
- Other Requirements: Deposit $5,000+ from an external account within the first 10 days after the day you open your account and maintain that balance daily for an additional 90 days following the first 10 days to qualify for a $50 bonus. Earn up to a $500 bonus depending on the amount you deposit:
- $500 Bonus: $50K+
- $400 Bonus: $40K+
- $300 Bonus: $30K+
- $200 Bonus: $20K+
- $100 Bonus: $10K+
- $50 Bonus: $5K+
- *Tips: If you’ve had a Savings account with Capital One 360 or ING DIRECT before, you won’t be eligible for the bonus. If you meet the requirements, you will be paid on or before day 130 (measured from the day after your account is opened). The bonus is limited to one per primary account holder. Your account must be in good standing (not in default, closed, or suspended, or otherwise not in good standing).
Capital One 360 Savings Features:
The features of this 360 Savings account are as expected and there’s nothing over-the-top to brag about. I have a Capital One 360 Savings account because it’s convenient and it earns more than my Chase Savings account. I never have to worry about fees or meeting any requirements to avoid fees. My Chase checking account is linked to it, and I make transfers back and forth online as needed.
- No Fees and no minimums to open and keep your account
- Earn an interest rate with no stipulations
- Manage your account online or with the Capital One® mobile app
Current Capital One 360 Savings Rates:
Current rate: 0.75% APY
Fixed or variable: Variable and effective 03/11/2016. It’s been around this rate for a while now.