Attention Insight Card customers, the Insight Savings Account offering a 5% APY on balances up to $5,000 will be discontinued. This will be effective July 1, 2018. Interest will be due and the balance will be transferred to your Insight Visa Prepaid Card account. This is a big change they are making and they apologize for the inconvenience that it may have caused. However, you can always check out other features and benefits your Visa Prepaid Card has to offer. If you are a customer, you should’ve received a letter stating relevant information that should be followed as soon as possible.
Insight 5% APY Savings Account Discontinuing
Insight just sent the following email:
Dear Valued Customer,
Effective July 1, 2018, the Insight Savings account offered to online Insight Card customers will be discontinued.
This letter is to notify you that the Insight Savings account associated with your Insight Visa Prepaid Card you acquired online will close on July 1, 2018. Interest due as of July 1, 2018 will be credited, and the balance will be automatically transferred to your Insight Visa Prepaid Card account and subject to the prepaid card’s terms and conditions.
If you wish to withdraw any portion of your account balance at no charge, you may do so by issuing a bill payment check to yourself after July 1, 2018. If you wish to close your account prior to July 1, 2018 you will forfeit any interest accrued but not yet paid.
Instructions to complete a bill payment check to yourself:
- Login to your account online at Insightvisa.com
- Under the “Spend Money” tab, select “Bill Pay”
- On the Bill Pay menu, Select the “Add Biller” tab
- Click the link that says “Click here to add your biller manually”
- Complete the Biller form with your name, account number, home address where you would like your check mailed and phone number
- Select “No” to “Make this a scheduled Payment”
- Click “Add Biller”
- You will receive a confirmation that “Your biller has been added”
- Next, click the “Single Payment” tab on the Bill Pay menu.
- In the “Pay to:” drop down, select your name (the biller you just added)
- Select the Payment Date that you wish for the check to be sent
- Complete the amount that you wish to be sent.
- Hit Continue and verify the amount and payment date
- Select “Pay Bill” to process the check payment. A check will then be mailed to you and should be received within 7-10 days.
We apologize for any inconvenience this change may cause. We encourage you to continue taking advantage of the many other features and benefits your Insight Visa Prepaid Card has to offer.
If you have questions regarding this notice, or any other matter related to your account, please call the number printed on the back of your card.
Insight is letting their customers know that the Insight Savings Account offering 5% APY on balances up to $5,000 will be discontinued. If you have received an email like shown above, be aware that this will be effective on July 1, 2018. This could be a big change to some people. However, do not fret because there are also other features that the Visa Prepaid Card offer. Be sure to check out our segment on the latest Bank Bonuses or the Best Credit Card Promotions!
|With the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express:
-$200 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
-6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%) - that means spending $60 a week at U.S. supermarkets could earn over $180 back per year.
-3% cash back at U.S. gas stations and at select U.S. department stores, 1% back on other purchases.
-Low intro APR: 0% for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable rate, currently 14.99% to 25.99%.
-Over 1.5 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express® Cards in 2017.
-Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise.
-$95 annual fee.
-See Rates & Fees