Located in CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, and VA, becoming a member at Northrop Grumman Federal Credit Union (Branch Locator) is available to anyone! Below is all the information and details you need to fulfill your Northrop Grumman Federal Credit Union Membership!
Editor’s Note: For more credit unions that you can join from anywhere, see our list of Credit Unions You Can Join From Anywhere.
Table of Contents
Northrop Grumman Federal Credit Union Membership Benefits
Becoming a member at Northrop Grumman Federal Credit Union will definitely get you access to many benefits.
- You’ll get access to LOW rates on loans. Learn More.
- With a NGFCU™ savings account, more commonly known within credit unions as a Regular Share Account (which is a federally insured),
- You get a dividend-paying account that allows members to earn dividends while permitting immediate access to funds.
- The account may be opened with a minimum $5 deposit, and added to or withdrawn from as the member chooses.
- In addition, the Regular Share Account may be used to provide overdraft protection for checking accounts. Learn More
When you join Northrop Grumman Federal Credit Union, you must open a Regular Share Account to begin your lifetime membership. You can open as many savings accounts as you wish.
Here are some features of the Regular Share (Savings) Account:
- Minimum opening deposit of $5
- Direct Deposit from most employers and government checks
- Direct deposit of social security and most retirement checks
- Your accumulated funds on deposit in the Credit Union are federally insured to at least $250,000 by the NCUA
- Allow unlimited free over-the-counter withdrawals per month per suffix when total shares are $1,000 or more or there is an outstanding loan balance on the account. (When this minimum requirement is not met, 5 free over-the-counter withdrawals per month per account.) See
- May be opened as a:
- Gift to Minors Account
- Youth Account
- Trustee Account
- Business Account
- Company-Sponsored Club Account
Northrop Grumman Federal Credit Union Membership: If you’re interested in becoming a member, join today!
Membership with Northrop Grumman Federal Credit Union means co-ownership in one of the strongest credit unions in the country. As a Northrop Grumman Federal Credit Union member, you become part of the larger community of NGFCU member/owners and enjoy the many benefits that more than sixty years of matching Credit Union services to member needs has produced.
Membership in Northrop Grumman Federal Credit Union extends to:
- Employees of Northrop Grumman Corporation.
- Employees of Northrop Grumman subsidiaries, except those eligible for membership in another credit union sponsored by Northrop
- Grumman Corporation by virtue of their employment.
- Employees of Metro, Los Angeles County
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership eligibility of this credit union.
- Employees of this credit union.
- Persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment; members of their immediate families; and organizations of such persons.
- Members of the Southern California Historical Aviation Foundation(SCHAF).
- Immediate family members of NGFCU member, including the member’s wife, husband, domestic partner, children, father, mother, brothers, sisters, grandparents, grandchildren, stepfathers, stepmothers, stepchildren, half- and step-sisters and brothers, fathers-in-law, and mothers-in-law. These individuals need not reside with the NGFCU member.
Did you know you that banks and credit unions offer the same financial products? Here are a few reasons why you should consider becoming a member at a credit union: credit unions are not-for-profit institutions, credit unions tend to pay higher interest rates and have lower fees, your funds are NCUA insured up to $250,000, and much more! If those benefits alone (along with many more) sound great to you, definitely consider this Northrop Grumman Federal Credit Union Membership! Let us know in the comment section below on your thoughts and experience with this credit union! Be sure to check back on blackthorn-cider for more bank deals!